Experienced full-stack developer with more than 4 years of experience in the design, planning and implementation of web and mobile apps primarily using Ruby on Rails and React. Comfortable in an Agile/Scrum environment and adept at Cloud infrastructure design, primarily in AWS.
- Developed and maintained and a suite of 14 Ruby on Rails web applications serving AMA’s almost million members, including an insurance quote app, a vehicle registration auto renewal app, Road Reports, a driver education registration app, along with various other apps.
- Utilized AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3) to deploy highly available and scalable applications to production, and wrote Scripts to build the infrastructure to use such services
- Built a custom mobile application for iOS/Android app using React Native for the frontend and built the Serverless backend using AWS services such as Lambda (NodeJS), Appsync, DynamoDB, Firehose and Kinesis
- Maintained and Improved an OAuth2 authentication provider that created a single point of authentication for all of AMA's membership apps
- Implemented a React JS shopping cart app that interacts with other React JS Point of Sale apps.
- Was part of on-call rotation, diagnosing and resolving issues with the websites for a 24 hours/day for a week at a time.
- Followed a continuous integration/continuous delivery workflow to deliver frequent and reliable production deployments.
- Participated in pair programming with team members and gave code reviews using Github.
Rails Tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails/PostgresSQL
- AWS EC2/RDS/ElastiCache (Redis)
React Tech stack:
- React JS / React Native
- DynamoDB (NoSQL)
- AWS AppSync / GraphQL
- AWS Cognito
- AWS Amplify / VS AppCenter
Other Technologies used:
- Node.js (AWS Lambda)
- Cloudformation / Serverless / SAM
- Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS SES/SQS/SNS
- API Gateway
- S3/Cloudfront(static webpages)
- F5 / AWS WAF&Shield
- AWS Systems Manager (patching)
- Datadog / CloudWatch
- Developed internal company site to serve as central repository for company documentation and policy, used by EDC board members, 10 employees and dozens of volunteers
- Implemented interface for entering company policy information that automates policy numbering
- Designed custom printable templates for various digital manuals using CSS.
- Engineered employee training software that presents information and administers quizzes to employees and volunteers, and allows their progress to be monitored.
- Ruby on Rails
Bachelor of Science: Computer ScienceUniversity of Alberta2015
- Proficiency with modern web standards such as HTML5, CSS3 and ECMAScript
- Experience with React Native to create custom mobile applications on Android/iOS
- Proficiency with frontend CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and ZURB Foundation and as well as client side libraries such as jQuery.
- Familiar with standard development techniques such as responsive design, AJAX and RESTful design
Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing self-documenting code that conforms to the Ruby style guide. and passes metric tools such as Rubocop and Cane
- Experience testing via RSpec and maximizing my code test coverage with Simplecov.
- Experience developing custom Gems and deploying to RubyGems.
- Understanding of various application servers such as Unicorn, Puma and Phusion Passenger in a production setting.
- Favorite gems:
- Decent Exposure
- Simple Forms
- Dotenv Rails
- Better Errors
- Practical and theoretical understanding of relational database concepts and design.
- Experience modelling efficient database designs from scratch using ER-Diagrams.
- Proficient in:
- NoSQL (DynamoDB)
- Code Review
- Unit/Integration Testing